update - Re: an Xfce solution for toolbar not showing text and icons in evolution

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 09:53:50 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 07:58 +0200, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Gavin Chester schreef:
-snip-

> > Trying to set the toolbar in evolution to show icons AND text.

-snip-

> > In short, evolution has no specific settings to control the toolbar and
> > seems to rely on gnome system-wide settings, which don't work on my
> > Xfce4 system.  Any pointers?
> >

> I believe it's a bug in GTK as well. The only way to do this is to run
> the gnome-settings-daemon, but that might conflict with Xfce's settings
> manager.
>
> 	Jasper

I had a brief glimmer of hope following on from what you said, Jasper.
That is, one of my new users is running a different theme (redmondXP -
yuk!) and _has_ the toolbar icons with text and icons in evolution.  So,
I went to the other afflicted users and reset their themes all the same
as that working one, and ... no good.  It's weird the way one _new_ user
has it but not the other two.  I've assumed I've got text and icons
because I imported my evolution settings from a far earlier version.

Gavin