environment variables

Myles Green rmg57 at telus.net
Wed Aug 10 05:55:27 CEST 2005

Hi,
I used Brian's build script to install xfce4 from svn
into /opt/xfce4-svn (the default) but I also have xfce4-4.2.2 installed
in /usr. When I try and run /opt/xfce4-svn/bin/startxfce4 I end up with
xfce4-4.2.2 instead. My best guess is that I need to set some
environment variables prior to running /opt/xfce4-svn/bin/startxfce4,
unfortunately I have no idea what 'they' might be. Currently my
~/.xinitrc contains only the line "exec /opt/xfce4-svn/bin/startxfce4"
(aside from #!/bin/bash). Could some kind soul tell me what I need to
add to that so I actually get xfce4-svn to run?

TIA,
Myles

--
Myles Green <rmg57 at telus.net>