Good to be back !

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Fri Aug 5 12:27:04 CEST 2005

Spyros Tsiolis schreef:
> So , in essence, there is no way for old-timer
> like myself to get the old-style button on the
> new spanky xfce v4.x ?
>
> s.

I must admit, I have a really hard time even remembering what 'old style
buttons' looked like. Xfce is no longer the CDE look-alike that it used
to be.

I'm afraid that it is not possible to get the old style back. The best
you can do now, is to choose a motif-like gtk theme and window
decorations; something like this should still be possible:
http://www.loculus.nl/gallery/xfce/20030603_G , even if that screenshot
is two years old.

Alternatively, if you don't mind using a gtk 1 based application, Xfce 3
is still available and should work just fine.

	Jasper