xfcalendar random behavior, appearance

Erika Meier erika0815 at web.de
Fri Apr 29 01:53:37 CEST 2005

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:53:09 +0300
Juha Kautto <kautto.juha at kolumbus.fi> wrote:

>Erika,
>
>I don't think there is anything wrong in your system. Do you have
>exceptionally fast cpu ?
>Do you see that problem only when you start the xfcalendar from the
>clock first time ?
>Not when you make it visible again ? You can't start xfcalendar from
>systray, you can
>only make it visible or hide it.
>
>If you only see that problem with the first start, there is a
>workaround: Start it from the os
>level same time when you start Xfce.
>
>I believe what you see is a race condition caused by a dirty patch. But
>
>this should only
>cause problems when the xfcalendar is started first time from the
>clock.  Can you,please
>confirm that.
>
>/Juha

Hello Juha,

I have a P4 with 3 GHz and I get this problem every time when I make the
calender visible from the clock. By now I found out, that I have to
click the clock three times to make it really visible and also three
times to hide it. The problem does not occur when making it visible from
the tray but every time when I make it visible (start it) from the
clock.

How can I help fixing this?

Erika