Apply New Window Manager Settings

Brad Bonkoski bbonkosk at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Apr 26 23:16:26 CEST 2005

>From my reseach it appears that many of the xfce settings are stored in an xml file ~/.xfce/settings/xfmw4.xml (or at least there are in Fedora)

Now, running the GUI application xfce-seeting-show will allow me to adjust these settings.  What I would like to do is script some changes into this xml file.  This is simple to do, but the changes do not seem to be read in unless the window manager is restarted.  Is there a process to call to request XFCE re-read the settings and apply them?

Thanks
-Brad