Taskbar in the wrong window

Lars Behrens Lars.Behrens at pi.uka.de
Fri Apr 22 09:44:40 CEST 2005

on Donnerstag, 21. April 2005 22:39 Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> The taskbar shows on the first monitor.

Hmm, here it seems to show  up only on the *second* monitor.

[snip]
    Screen "Screen0" 0 0
    Screen "Screen1" LeftOf "Screen0"
[snip]

It shows up on Screen 1.

> So to change it, simply
> change the layout of your monitors in X.org, invert the first and
> second monitor and invert LeftOf/RightOf (so that you end up with the
> same physical layout but with the other monitor being listed first)

Sorry, I don't have the time to go into details right now (I'm on work
here). I tried all possible combinations I could think of, but no
success. No matter how I change the settings in xorg.conf, the taskbar
always shows up on the wrong screen. The only thing I didn't try was to
change the plugs on the output of the graphics adapter (Matrox G550)
because i want to keep my CRT 19" as my primary screen (the other one
is a 17" TFT).

Maybe it could be possible to make the taskbar moveable?

Cheerz Lars