Terminal

Daichi Kawahata daichi.k at aioros.ocn.ne.jp
Mon Apr 18 09:16:58 CEST 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:18:37 +0200
Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> >> It's required for intltool, which in turn is used to manage
> >> translations of .desktop/.xml/etc files.
> >
> > which is only needed if you build from CVS, isn't it?
>
> It's always required. Atleast with intltool 0.33, dunno about other
> versions.

Suggesting intltool, I've expected there're people who need only
English also. It might meet the both demands that

    * Adding --disable-nls option

    * If above option was specified, XML/desktop files are generated
      by just removing leading-underscore as follows

      o from xfce4-panel/config/contents.xml.in

        <Control id="-2" popup="0">
          <Command term="0" sn="0">xfterm4</Command>
          <_Tooltip>Terminal</_Tooltip>
          <Icon id="12"/>
        </Control>

        will be

        <Control id="-2" popup="0">
          <Command term="0" sn="0">xfterm4</Command>
          <Tooltip>Terminal</Tooltip>
          <Icon id="12"/>
        </Control>

      o from xfce4-panel/settings/xfce-panel-settings.desktop.in

        [Desktop Entry]
        Encoding=UTF-8
        _Name=Xfce 4 Panel Settings
        _Comment=Panel Settings
        Exec=xfce-setting-show xfce
        Icon=xfce4-panel
        Terminal=false
        Type=Application
        Categories=X-XFCE;Settings;DesktopSettings;
        OnlyShowIn=XFCE;
        _GenericName=Panel Settings

        will be

        [Desktop Entry]
        Encoding=UTF-8
        Name=Xfce 4 Panel Settings
        Comment=Panel Settings
        Exec=xfce-setting-show xfce
        Icon=xfce4-panel
        Terminal=false
        Type=Application
        Categories=X-XFCE;Settings;DesktopSettings;
        OnlyShowIn=XFCE;
        GenericName=Panel Settings

In that case, of course, intltool is never used, so

    * Modifying Makefile.am

      o form xfce4-panel/config/Makefile.am

        confdir = $(sysconfdir)/xdg/xfce4/panel
        conf_in_files = contents.xml.in
        conf_DATA = $(conf_in_files:.xml.in=.xml)
        if ENABLE_NLS
        @INTLTOOL_XML_RULE@
        else
          cat contents.xml.in | sed 's/<_/</' | sed 's/<\/_/<\//' \
            > contents.xml
        endif

      o from xfce4-panel/settings/Makefile.am

        # .desktop files
        desktopdir = $(datadir)/applications
        desktop_in_files =                                        \
                xfce-panel-settings.desktop.in                    \
                xfce-taskbar-settings.desktop.in                  \
                xfce-iconbox-settings.desktop.in
        desktop_DATA = $(desktop_in_files:.desktop.in=.desktop)
        if ENABLE_NLS
        @INTLTOOL_DESKTOP_RULE@
        else
        for i in desktop_in_files; do \
            sed 's/^_//' $i > `basename $i .in`
        done
        endif

PS. I've updated translations for Terminal (sent to xfce-i18n),
please update if possible.

Regards,
--
Daichi