XFCE4: Issues with Gentoo

Kristy Christie kristy at isp7.net
Fri Apr 8 10:06:04 CEST 2005

Hi Romeu,

I actually recently updated to Gentoo 2005.0 with XFCE.

Which package did you emerge for XFCE? I used "emerge xfce4" and it emerged
XFCE 4.2.0.. I haven't had any trouble with missing themes or anything.
And, when
I do emerge -p world, it doesn't try to downgrade XFCE.

There seems to be an older version of XFCE available and it gets
installed when you
emerge "xfce4-base". So check your /var/lib/portage/world to see if
that's the package
that was used to install XFCE instead of just "xfce4".

~Kristy