confused with "system" menu

Alexander Toresson alexander.toresson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 19:12:38 CEST 2005

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 17:23:22 +0400
Buck <xfce at fatcat.ru> wrote:

> I second that question, the 'system' menu got autogenerated once
> (when? during some xfce's component installation?) and there doesn't seem to be a way to
> change what's in there and the appfinder won't add anything to it!
>
> > I am confused with the "system" desktop menu and the appfinder.
>
> > I installed openoffice in my gentoo box.  I can find the entries such
> > as "OpenOffice Writer" in appfinder, but those entries don't show in
> > the desktop menu's auto-generated "system" submenu.  How does the
> > "system" menu judge what entries to be shown?

Do you mean the root menu, accessed by right-clicking on the desktop?
If so, xfce4-menueditor will do the job.

If you mean the part of the root menu that is including the system menus,
these are imported from gnome and kde menus, and I have no idea how to
change that one. Maybe there's a menu-editor for gnome or kde?

Regards, Alexander Toresson