XFCE selection in KDM

Andrew Conkling andrewski at verizon.net
Thu Sep 30 19:52:48 CEST 2004

> From: Felix Miata <mrmazda at ij.net>
> Date: 2004/09/30 Thu PM 12:54:59 EDT
> To: XFCE general discussion list <xfce at xfce.org>
> Subject: Re: XFCE selection in KDM
>
> /opt/kde3/share/apps/kdm/sessions/xfce.desktop exists, executable, and
> about 4K. I have no idea whether anything needs doing to it to use it.
> What needs to be done to put xfce into KDM?
> http://www.xfce.org/index.php?page=documentation&lang=en doesn't seem to
> even touch this subject.

That's because the issue is not Xfce's.  I'd check a KDE forum (I used to know the link to one, but you can Google for it) for a quick fix; they should be able to tell you the format of the file.  Then contact the maintainer of the SuSE RPMs, since they're (apparently) not set up to install correctly.