The compositor

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Thu Sep 30 16:37:31 CEST 2004

Olivier and co.,
I like the compositor; much more subtle than xcompmgr.  Good work!

I also like how menus are not given shadows; it gives the effect of them
being on the same plane as the window, which makes sense.  However, when
a menu sticks out over the edge of a window, it would be quite slick if
it were then given a shadow (only over the edge outside of the window).
The effect would be that the menu is on the same plane as the
window, but both are 'above' the desktop.  Also, the desktop menu seems
like it should be given a shadow, as does the Xfce menu (on the panel).
In other words, is it possible to give shadows to menus selectively? :)

In any case, I know you've been working hard on this and your efforts
are appreciated.  I've no problems with the compositor here and, unlike
xcompmgr, it redraws windows without leaving junk behind....  I'm sold.
:)

Cheers,
Andrew