Programs using X freeze while switching windows

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Tue Sep 28 22:34:11 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 21:44, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> xfwm4 requires the server grab during the alt+tab procedure, so it's not
> a flaw in xfwm4.

Yeap, it's not a "pathetic flaw", it's a design decision... (note that
could be a pathetic decision as well, but that's another story)

Anyway, I can remove the grab, the code is designed to work w/out
grabbing the server, but that means that xfwm4 won't draw the window
frames shadow during the alt+tab cycling like it does now.

Yes, I could make it "optional", with yet another "hidden" option, but
quite frankly I think we are adding far too much options, and we loose
focus on the main goals.

So what do you guys think, remove or keep the grab? I think we should
remove it, it's not the first time we get such a feedback from the users
(we even got a bug report  for that some times ago).

Cheers,
Olivier.
--
 - Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org - http://www.xfce.org -