Key bindings (macros)

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Tue Sep 28 15:48:01 CEST 2004

Some time ago (probably on Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:27:53 +0200)
Ondrej Mihalyi <mihalyi at matfyz.cz> had occasion to say the following:

> You can create your own key bindings, just copy file
> /usr/share/xfwm4/themes/default.keys/keythemerc to directory
~/.themes/xfwm4/my.keys/, edit this file so that you have lines like
this:
> shortcut_1_key=Ctrl+Shift+W
> shortcut_1_exec=oowriter
> shortcut_2_key=Ctrl+Shift+T
> shortcut_2_exec=xterm
>
> and then go to XFCE Setting manager -> Window Manager -> Keyboard and
> focus and choose your file instead of default

BTW, this rather convoluted process is scrapped in CVS for a nice GUI
frontend in which you can add shortcuts and switch files in one window.

Just FYI...