xfce3 panel font - which one?

Michal Szymanski msz at astrouw.edu.pl
Mon Sep 27 00:13:51 CEST 2004

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 11:19:10PM +0200, Gerald Barre wrote:
> > Hoping somebody is still using XFce 3, I'd like to ask which font is
> > used for the panel. What is default, is it configurable?
> >
> If I remember, sorry I don't use it anymore, it's in
> /usr/share/xfce/palettes. Just edit the file corresponding to your
> theme.

Thanks for reply. For a short while, I thought this is the solution to
my problem. Indeed, all the "palettes" have
  -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal-*-12-*-*-*-p-*-iso8859-15
font defined and there was no such font in my system.

Unfortunately adding ISO8859-15-75dpi fonts (and/or ISO8859-15-100dpi) did
not help. I am still getting the same ugly rendered "arial" font instead
of crispy helvetica.

Michal.

--
  Michal Szymanski (msz at astrouw dot edu dot pl)
  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND