Can't use external program to set background

Dark Shadow shadowofdarkness at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 07:47:46 CEST 2004

Thanks I got it setup but it is strange it only works about 40% of the
time when going in succession like this
#gg
#gg
#gg
#gg

If it works it is fine but the rest of the time a popups comes up with
this dialog

xfdesktop error: loading backdrop image: Failed to open file '': No
such file or directory

I thought there was a error in the script but this happens randomly
among it working perfectly

Here is the updated script and incase your wondering why I use full
paths for wget and xfdesktop it is because fcrontab doesn't set a path
and I have this set through a cron job

#!/bin/sh

export DIR=/mm/garfield
export YEAR=`date +%y`
export MONTH=`date +%m`
export DAY=`date +%d`
export BACKDROPLIST=/home/darkshadow/.xfce4/backdrop.list
export BINXFCE=/opt/xfce/bin/

if [ -e "$DIR/20$YEAR/ga$YEAR$MONTH$DAY.gif" ]

then

echo '# xfce backdrop list'>$BACKDROPLIST
echo `echo $DIR`/20`echo $YEAR`/ga`echo $YEAR``echo $MONTH``echo
$DAY`.gif>>$BACKDROPLIST
$BINXFCE/xfdesktop -reload

else

/usr/local/bin/wget
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ga/20$YEAR/ga$YEAR$MONTH$DAY.gif -O
$DIR/20$YEAR/ga$YEAR$MONTH$DAY.gif
echo '# xfce backdrop list'>$BACKDROPLIST
echo `echo $DIR`/20`echo $YEAR`/ga`echo $YEAR``echo $MONTH``echo
$DAY`.gif>>$BACKDROPLIST
$BINXFCE/xfdesktop -reload

fi