Xorg-6.8

Mark Houlder mark.houlder at ot-t.com
Fri Sep 10 10:35:29 CEST 2004

Hi everyone

I downloaded and installed the new xorg 6.8 yesterday, and after much
messing about with drivers it's working fairly well (gentoo on a T41,
ck-sources 2.6.8, xfce4.06, ati binary drivers). I've even got
drop-shadows working without too much slow-down, but as soon as i turn
on the composite manager daemon, it screws up my xfce virtual desktops -
switching to a new desktop doesn't hide windows from the original
desktop, so i just get both sets of windows on top of each other.

is there an easy fix to this that anyone can think of, or will i just
have to wait for xfce to incorporate compositing properly?

mark