Upgrade problems

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 9 19:50:47 CEST 2004

   My server/workstation crashed last Sunday and it took me until yesterday
afternoon to get mail working again. Anywho, I'm now running Slackware-10.0
rather than Red Hat 7.3. This means that I'm also now running whichever
version of Xfce4 comes with the Slackware distribution rather than 3.8.18
(which I really prefer to the new model).

   Anyway, trying to configure Xfce4 is giving me fits. For example, I have
the rxvt windows and the pine window (which starts in a terminal) set with
-fg white -bg black. This gives me the opposite: black text on a white
background. If I switch the color specifications they display properly. This
is not a problem on the two notebooks (or another workstation with Slackware
10.0). I cannot figure out what's gone wrong on this one.

   Also, I have the panel set to disappear when not needed. It is now stuck
and will not shrink to the bottom edge of the screen.

   I'd like to fix these problems so I can continue restoring applications
and get back to my work. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President