CVS errors

JsutNoni jsutnoni at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 09:51:15 CEST 2004

I'm trying to get a CVS install done on a friends PC. We have tried
both compiling from cvs source and using the Installers with the cvs
snapshots from the forums (both have worked on my PC with no problems
at all). When he runs startxfce4 he is getting the following message:

 /usr/local/etc/xfce4/xinitrc: line 52: xscreensaver: command not found
 ** (xfce-mcs-manager:15809): CRITICAL **: file vc_oss.c: line 88
(find_master): assertion `mixer_handle != -1' failed
** (xfce-mcs-manager:15809): WARNING **: oss: No master volume
Segmentation fault

If anyone has any idea what could be causing this i would really
really like to know. We both have been long time xfce users and he is
using something different at the moment because of something that is
now fixed in the cvs builds. thank you in advance.
--

~JsutNoni