Cannot open firefox from link if it is already running

Bob Snyder bob.snyder at cox.net
Tue Sep 7 06:44:21 CEST 2004

My installation (in an older slack distro) of thunderbird 0.7.3 has no
/usr/lib/mozilla-anything directory. No prefs.js under the thunderbird
installation directory (/usr/local/thunderbird). I tried adding it to
~/.thunderbird/default/xxx.slt/prefs.js, but thunderbird overwrites
this. Tried user.js in the same directory, but no joy.

Bob S.