No taskbar, no lil star iconbox

KUTYLA Peggy peggy.kutyla at laposte.net
Tue Oct 26 13:55:09 CEST 2004

Rick King a écrit :
> Taskbar won't start it says that it can't connect to session manager and the icon box runs but it says it is doing so without the session manager.  Is there anyway to get these to start when xfce starts? And how do i connect them to the session manager?

If you don't have a session-manager, i suppose you are using a 4.0.x version.
In this case if you want an application starting automaticaly, put a symlink in
your ~/Desktop/Autostart or a bash script.
For connecting to the session manager, you can instal it ( i don't remenber the
name) but under 4.0.x it's under devellopement.

In the other hand, you can try to instal 4.1.90 with full session management or
wait until 4.2 release.

I'm still running 4.0.6 and have not probleme running either iconbox or taskbar.
I know that in my .xsession-errors some message like "** Message: xfce4-iconbox:
Running without session manager"  appear but it doesn't matter.

Peggy Kutyla - peggy.kutyla at laposte.net