Keyboard WM configuration

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Thu Oct 21 07:39:30 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 22:28 -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> because, quite simply, it's not techincally a config file.  it's theme
> data, and the standard directory inside ~ for that is ~/.themes/.  since
> we have the keyboard config in the xfwm4 settings, i'd be in favor of
> doing away with keythemes entirely, since i can't imagine that people
> actually have multiple themes that they switch between on a regular
> basis (yeah, go ahead, flame me and prove me wrong).  at that point, it
> would go in ~/.config/.

Well, gtk does exactly the same and that's the main reason why key
themes were introduced in xfwm4 at first.

Believe it or not, I am using key themes. One reason for that is VNC or
Citrix where CTRL+ALT+Suppr that does lock either xfce4 and the windows
box. Therefore I do have a key theme that I call "Citrix" and I use that
when running Citrix or VNC.

I can imagine of plenty of other cases...

Cheers,
Olivier.