Keyboard WM configuration

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Oct 21 07:28:28 CEST 2004

Andrew Conkling wrote:

>Some time ago (probably on Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:27:40 +0200)
>Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org> had occasion to say the
>following:
>

>>Le mardi 19 octobre 2004 à 13:59 -0400, Andrew Conkling a écrit :
>>

>>>Where is the keyboard configuration stored?  I recently deleted my
>>>entire .config/xfce4 and .xfce4 directories to try to fix a bug with
>>>the keyboard shortcuts in the WM configuration, but the shortcuts
>>>"profiles" are still there....
>>>

>>shorcuts are located in ~/.themes/theme_name/xfwm4/, you can delete
>>the shortcut definition by right click on the shorcut "profile" name
>>and choosing delete
>>

>Another question: it seems like this kind of configuration should be
>saved in ~/.config/xfce4/xfwm4, as it's Xfce-specific and all.  Why is
>it in ~/.themes?

because, quite simply, it's not techincally a config file.  it's theme
data, and the standard directory inside ~ for that is ~/.themes/.  since
we have the keyboard config in the xfwm4 settings, i'd be in favor of
doing away with keythemes entirely, since i can't imagine that people
actually have multiple themes that they switch between on a regular
basis (yeah, go ahead, flame me and prove me wrong).  at that point, it
would go in ~/.config/.

    -brian