slow xfce menu?

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Oct 20 00:31:12 CEST 2004

On 10/19/04 20:07, ewajacobs wrote:
> I installed 4.1.90 now and I love the changes, good work :)
> However, if I didn't used the xfce menu for a while (like 10 minutes)
> and then click on it, it takes about 4 to 5 seconds before it really
> displays the menu!
> Is this 'lag' issue with xfce menu a known bug? And how to solve it?
> Cheers

when you click to open the menu, it'll check various directories to see
if they've changed (if so, the menu needs to be update).  there shouldn't
be a noticeable delay here, though.  if there's something on your system
that's touching these directories often, then the menu will get
regenerated often, and a 4-5 second delay is not uncommon.  to see which
directories are being checked (particular to your system), check the
files in ~/.cache/xfce4/desktop.

	-brian