Editing config files in xfce4

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue Oct 19 03:16:39 CEST 2004

On 10/18/04 15:35, Senandung Mendonan wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> How do I edit stuff in ~/.xfce4 and update it on the fly? For example,
> modifying the panel menus in ~/.xfce4/xfce4rc. Coming from afterstep, I
> prefer the vi/script/perl/whatever way of messing with the configs, rather
> than the GUI way. I'm running xfce-4.0.6.

this isn't really recommended, as you can mess up the file pretty easily.
if you really want to edit the panel config, you need to first kill the
panel, edit the file, then restart the panel (the config is read at startup
and saved at shutdown).

the xfdesktop menu can be edited on the fly, just run 'xfdesktop -reload'
afterwards.

	-brian