Minor issues with xffm from Xfce 4.2 beta

Gianluca Turconi luctur at comeg.it
Tue Oct 12 09:09:08 CEST 2004

edscott wilson garcia wrote:

> Let me see... yes. It is a bug. While in one case xffm specified the
> path as absolute (correct) in the other case the path is specified as
> relative(incorrect) and therefore firefox is adding the "www."
>
> This bug is now fixed in CVS.

Thanks, a really fast answer!

>>b) what is the best way to create a symbolic link in two different
>>directories by using the two panes view in xffm?
>>I've tried to drag and drop it by holding down the Shift and/or Alt key,
>>but the file is copied or moved.
>
> Drag and drop by holding down SHIFT-CTRL does the symlink. A button to
> symlink the pasteboard contents has been suggested in the past, but is
> not yet available.

SHIFT-CTRL! I should have try them before asking...

However, I've another question that is related to xffm.

Is the mime types editor working in the beta?

I'm asking so because I've installed the gnome icons extra packs
(gorilla, nuvola, lush, etc) and xffm doesn't picks up the correct icon
for some file types (.pdf and .tar.gz) so I've tried to use the mime editor.

I drag and drop the icon from the right pane to the left one and when I
save the assignments, a dialog pops up with the following message:

/home/gt/.themes/usr/share/icons/Lush.mime.xml

where /usr/share/icons/ is the location of the original Lush themes.

If I close this dialog nothing is written nowhere, especially in the
.themes directory in my home.

Any hints?

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Annalisa: Sei un razzista!
Sam: Falso! Non odio i negri, i sionisti, le checche o qualsiasi altro