Problem with new xfce install and fedora core 2 -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at att.net
Mon Oct 11 23:10:17 CEST 2004

I did the switchdesk xfce routine after installing the xfce
from the FC2
disk set
and get an error message when I "startx" that:

"Your window manager does not seem to support
the new window manager hints as defined on
http://freedesktop.org.

Some xfce features may not work as intended."

I click on OK and that goes away but then the cursor
always displays as the rotating hour glass. Obviously
something is wrong but I don't know what to look for?

I have pretty much the same installation on this
computer and it worked without a problem.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.  Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia