Window Decoration Workarounds

Simon Dawson sdawson at dawsoncanada.com
Sun Oct 10 04:53:45 CEST 2004

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 13:58 -0400, Jonathan B. Horen wrote:
>
>>OK, fair's fair.  So, does anyone know of a replacement for "xclock" (which,
>>sadly, doesn't know about window-manager resources)?
>

> "oclock" maybe?
>
> Cheers,
> Olivier.

I've used the following line in $HOME/.xfce4/xinitrc

oclock -geometry +850+600 -fg green -bd blue -transparent &

just below xfcalendar&

This is on a 1024*768 display.  The line could be typed into a terminal
and messed around with as per the man oclock page.  Change the geometry
values to put it where you want on the page (man X).

I can't get it to stay on top, unfortunately, and it shows up on the
taskbar, which I don't particularly like, but it works well enough

--
New World Island, Newfoundland
GPS coordinates 49N 55W.  That's close enough...