User's guide to xffm??

edscott wilson garcia edscott at xfce.org
Wed Oct 6 19:40:42 CEST 2004

El mié, 06-10-2004 a las 10:41, Dennis J. Tuchler escribió:
> Is there a document that helps with the care and use of xffm?  I'd like to
> change (and delete) some entries in it's applications menu and can't quite
> find the file to do it with.

There is one for 4.0.x, but it is not complete and it is no good for
4.1.90. The documentation is in the TODO list, but probably will not be
ready until the 4.2 release.

For 4.1.90 the easiest way to eliminate entries from the applications
menu is to uninstall those applications. Otherwise you can edit the file
(this is where applications you "remember" are stored):

~/.cache/xfce4/xfce4-modules/applications.xml

Or else edit (system wide application associations):

/usr/share/xfce4/mime/applications.xml

This last file is installed and overwritten by libxfcegui4, so keep a
backup.

regards,

Edscott