4.2 Newbie: Icons in Desktop Menu?

Matt Thompson thompsma at colorado.edu
Tue Nov 30 17:10:59 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 10:41 -0500, Erik Harrison wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:18:09 -0500, Andrew Conkling <andrewski at fr.st> wrote:
> > Some time ago (probably on Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:37:57 -0700)
> > Matt Thompson <thompsma at colorado.edu> had occasion to say the following:
> >
> > > OK, I'm a fresh newb to 4.2 have just put RC1 on my home box (thanks
> > > snowstorm for the time!), using the official RPMs on FC3.  I pretty
> > > much love everything, but I am stymied by one problem.  Namely, how do
> > > you get icons in the desktop menu?  Mine has none, and I do have "Show
> > > icons in menu" checked.
> >
> > Matt,
> > Install a third-party app, like Rox or idesk.  Icon support in xfdesktop
> > will (possibly/probably?) be added in 4.4.
>

> He's not asking about desktop icons, he's asking about icons in the menu.

Yes, I am.  The menu that you can either add to the panel (Xfce menu?
I'm sorry, I'm at my box at work, so I'm still running 4.0 here) and
that menu you get when you right-click on the desktop.

> Works for me Matt. The error you're getting is a librsvg bug, but I
> don't think it actually causes the problem. File a bug at
> bugs.xfce.org.
>
> Brian, the xfdesktop maintainer, said he'd rather bogus bugs go there
> than mentioned on the mailing lists and never tracked. So, even if it
> is a known librsvg issue, it's still the right thing to do ;-)

OK, I'll do that when I get home.  I'm sure it is an SVG issue, but I'm
not sure how to solve it.

Again, I apologize to the list for bringing this up here.  I'll try to
ask my questions in IRC or at Bugzilla.

Apologies,
Matt Thompson
--
Learning just means you were wrong and they were right. - Aram
   Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/