4.2 Newbie: Icons in Desktop Menu?

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Tue Nov 30 15:18:09 CET 2004

Some time ago (probably on Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:37:57 -0700)
Matt Thompson <thompsma at colorado.edu> had occasion to say the following:

> OK, I'm a fresh newb to 4.2 have just put RC1 on my home box (thanks
> snowstorm for the time!), using the official RPMs on FC3.  I pretty
> much love everything, but I am stymied by one problem.  Namely, how do
> you get icons in the desktop menu?  Mine has none, and I do have "Show
> icons in menu" checked.

Matt,
Install a third-party app, like Rox or idesk.  Icon support in xfdesktop
will (possibly/probably?) be added in 4.4.

> Sorry for what's probably a FAQ, but sometimes...

This is on the mailing list and the forum a thousand times; did you
search first?

HTH,
Andrew