4.2 Newbie: Icons in Desktop Menu?

Matt Thompson thompsma at colorado.edu
Mon Nov 29 16:37:57 CET 2004

OK, I'm a fresh newb to 4.2 have just put RC1 on my home box (thanks
snowstorm for the time!), using the official RPMs on FC3.  I pretty much
love everything, but I am stymied by one problem.  Namely, how do you
get icons in the desktop menu?  Mine has none, and I do have "Show icons
in menu" checked.

One guess is I'm hitting an SVG bug, maybe, because when I try to open
xfce4-menueditor, I get hojillions of:

*** attempt to put segment in horiz list twice

which I think is an SVG thing.

So, my question is is there a way around this?  I've tried changing any
icon theme I can find in the Xfce4 setup, no luck.  I even found some
things online talking about iconrc's in /usr/share/icons/Rodent but I
have none.

Sorry for what's probably a FAQ, but sometimes...

Matt
--
Learning just means you were wrong and they were right. - Aram
   Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/