Session manager

Steve Cooke stephen.cooke at dpiwe.tas.gov.au
Mon Nov 29 06:35:57 CET 2004

Hi,

I use xfce 4.0.6 and have been thinking that I'd like to upgrade to the
new 4.2. I have been lurking on the list for quite some time and have on
occasion seen mention of a session manager. I have absolutely no idea
what a "session manager" is, what it does, nor why you would even need
one. There appears to be no such beast in 4.0.6 - or maybe it is hidden,
exactly the way it should be. It should be entirely transparent to me as
I have no need/desire to know about such things.

Could someone please enlighten me - and please tell me that the
functionality IS actually hidden.

Thankyou,

Steve Cooke.