Desktop icons

Paul Bucalo pmbuc at spymac.com
Fri Nov 26 17:08:50 CET 2004

On Fri Nov 26  4:33 , Philippe <phd2 at fcomfrench.com> sent:

>On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 17:49, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>> nautilus by default draws the desktop if you run it.  i believe if you
>> run it with the --no-desktop command line option, it won't do that.
>> not 100% sure on the correct name for that option; google is your friend.
>
>Hi,
>
>I did not "launch" nautilus, just arrived on my destkop with my gnome
>icons. Anyway, google did not help me a lot, but I found a forum for
>xfce.
>Thanks anyway to have answered me quickly
>Philippe
>--
>Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand

That's an 'affirmative'. The way to invoke Nautilus without allowing it to
overrun XFce's control of the desktop is: 'nautilus --no-desktop'.

Usually XFce picks up on this and gives you the proper start-up command off of
the panel. If you are running it from a c-l, you need to add the switch to your
typed in command.

HTH,

Paul