Two minor mouse/usability issues

Chris Green chris at areti.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 15:51:53 CET 2004

Over the time that I've been using xfce a couple of minor usability
issues have started to niggle me, I use CDE at work and these problems
don't occur on CDE.

1 - When dragging the bottom edge of a window down towards the
    bottom of the screen (i.e. resizing the window) you can't "let
    go" at the bottom of the screen.  When you release the button the
    mouse continues to drag the bottom edge of the window.  This is very
    frustrating when trying to drag down to "maximum size" at the bottom
    of the screen.

2 - You can't resize a window by dragging the top edge, why not?  It
    works on every other windowing system I use.

I'm not absolutely sure that these are xfce only problems but I've not
encountered them elsewhere.  However I only use xfce on my Linux box.

--
Chris Green (chris at areti.co.uk)

    "Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence."