starting programs as I login

aec brat at magma.ca
Thu Nov 25 01:21:15 CET 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 09:04:31AM +0000, Chris Green wrote:

> If urxvt is well behaved then it may be able to tell it to start in a
> specified workspace, rxvt can certainly do this.  I'm at work so I'm
> not sure of the exact syntax but on Solaris CDE one puts:-
>
>     -xrm "workspaceList: ws1"
>

>From my urxvt man page:

-xrm resourcestring
           No effect on rxvt-unicode. Simply passes through an argument to be
           made available in the instance's argument list. Appears in WM_COM-
           MAND in some window managers.

So I tried  -xrm "workspaceList: ws1" but it gives me "urxvt: "workspaceList: ws1":
malformed option."

I wont pretend to understand what that manual page entry means!

--
Angelina Carlton