starting programs as I login

Chris Green chris at areti.co.uk
Wed Nov 24 10:04:31 CET 2004

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 08:44:13PM -0500, aec wrote:

> I am now wondering however is it possible to tell firefox to launch in
> workspace 5 and urxvt to launch in workspace 1 from the Autostart
> script?

I don't think you can (at least not Firefox), the mozilla family
browsers are very badly behaved regarding standard X command line
options.

If urxvt is well behaved then it may be able to tell it to start in a
specified workspace, rxvt can certainly do this.  I'm at work so I'm
not sure of the exact syntax but on Solaris CDE one puts:-

    -xrm "workspaceList: ws1"

in the rxvt command arguments to launch it on workspace 1.

--
Chris Green (chris at areti.co.uk)

    "Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence."