Problems using fonction keys (F1 -> F12)

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue Nov 23 21:49:53 CET 2004

On 11/23/04 20:13, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:
> Hello,
> I mostly use mc as file manager for my remote server.
> mc works with the function keys.
> Unfortunately, for example i I want to quit mc, I have to press F10:
> that makes tha terminal to pull down its menu.
> How do you advice me to manage it ?
> I want to keep the keys for mc.
> I'm running the 4.2 version of XFCE (debian testing package from
> os-cillation).

that would depend on what terminal you're running.  note that 'xfterm4'
just runs xterm by default, or whatever your TERMCMD environment variable
specifies.  xfce doesn't come with its own terminal (yet).

so essentially, the answer you're looking for is: either reconfigure
your terminal to not use that key for menus, or, if that isn't possible,
use a different terminal that doesn't use that key.

	-brian