idesk and xfdesktop

Xan DXpublica at telefonica.net
Mon Nov 22 17:00:44 CET 2004

Hi,

I wanted to have icons in desktop. So I followed the tips
http://www.myoo.de/xfce/index.php/Tips%2C_Tricks_and_Howtos#How_to_get_Desktop_Icons_in_XFCE4

So, I downloaded idesk (.sf.net) and I followed the usage section of web page.
My .ideskrc and .idesk directory are:

$ cat .ideskrc
table Config
  FontName: FreeSerif
  FontSize: 8
  FontColor: #ffffff
  Locked: false
  Transparency: 150
  Shadow: true
  ShadowColor: #000000
  ShadowX: 1
  ShadowY: 2
  Bold: false
  ClickDelay: 300
  IconSnap: true
  SnapWidth: 55
  SnapHeight: 100
  SnapOrigin: BottomRight
  SnapShadow: true
  SnapShadowTrans: 200
  CaptionOnHover: false
end

table Actions
  Lock: control right doubleClk
  Reload: middle doubleClk
  Drag: left hold
  EndDrag: left singleClk
  Execute[0]: left doubleClk
  Execute[1]: right doubleClk
end

and:
~/.idesktop$ ls
home.lnk
~/.idesktop$

cat home.lnk:

$ cat home.lnk
table Icon
 Caption: Carpeta personal
 Icon: /usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-home.png
 Command[0]: nautilus /home/xan/
 Command[1]: konqueror /home/xan/
end

The tip mention the file .xinitrc. I have no .xinitrc in my system (debian). I
apply the susbtitution of xfdesktop& for idesk& in my .xsession file

cat .xsession
/usr/bin/xfce-mcs-manager
/usr/bin/xfwm4 --daemon
/usr/bin/xftaskbar4 &
/usr/bin/xfdesktop &
#/usr/bin/idesk &
exec /usr/bin/xfce4-panel

I restart my X and nothing happens.

Even I copy the file /etc/X11/xfce4/xinitrc to ~/.xinitrc and I substitute the
line of xfdesktop for idesk, I restarted my X and nothing happens.

So, the question: what I do wrong?

thanks in advance,
Xan.