Many issues with xfce 4.2 rc1 & compositing

Алексей Иванов lexx at orenburg.rfn.ru
Thu Nov 18 19:15:38 CET 2004

Hi!

I have a problem with running mplayer under xfce 4.2 rc1 with
compositing switched on. When I press "F" to bring picture into
fullscreen it runs with many artifacts. The screen flickers. I see some
black spots (one is located on screen exactly in place of XMMS main
window even though it's being run on another virtual screen). And I very
often have to press "F" for several times to make fullscreen picture
visible (if I don't do several presses of "F" button I see only black
screen :(( ). And I see the same even in windowed mode often.
Compositing generally seems to be ..err.. not good?. If I send some
moving picture to the desktop (xwininfo and a click on desktop gives
window-id (by the way, can it be done automatically without clicking?),
then I use it with "mplayer -wid $window-id foo.avi" or
"/usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver/blocktube -wireframe -window-id 0x1000003
-visual GL") it makes flicker _everything_ - main bar, taskbar, all
windows :(
What should I do?

Some (probably) usefull info.
I run fully installed Slackware 10.0 on PIII 800MHz, 256Mb RAM, noname
Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440.
Manually built MPlayer 1.0pre5-3.3.4 (C) 2000-2004 MPlayer Team

Thank you for reading this stuff :) I hope it can be fixed without much
pain :))