Just switched to XFCE -- some newbie-esque questions

Matthew T. Atkinson matthew at agrip.org.uk
Fri Nov 12 13:38:39 CET 2004

'ello,

> Yes, Debian includes a very old and very buggy version of xfce4-session
> with their Xfce 4.0.x. This version of xfce4-session is mostly
> unsupported and was never officially released. Xfce 4.2 includes a
> working and fully supported version of xfce4-session; you should really
> upgrade. :-)

Thanks, Olivier and Benedikt, for your replies.  I am really looking
forward to trying 4.2!  I'll probably switch to using the Os-cillation
packages to do this; they have a HOWTO on their site.

I just found out about the window shading/unshading with the scroll
wheel -- coupled with being able to set ``always on top'', that is such
an awesome feature!

bye just now, best regards,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew at agrip.org.uk>