Just switched to XFCE -- some newbie-esque questions

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Thu Nov 11 09:41:15 CET 2004

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 09:27 +0100, j.markoll at free.fr wrote:
> Selon Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>:
> Excuse 2 very newbie-type questions: does it mean that when upgrading to 4.2
> version the shutdown problem will be fixed instantly whether I modifie the file
> configuration or not ?
> Will this redease candidate be already available on Debian testing ftp ?
> or only direct uploading from Xfce4 site?  :)
> (No wonder, I am  newbie on computers as well ;)

Basically, Debian included some non released code in their Xfce 4.0.x
packages.

I don't know if all of your problems will vanish when upgrading to 4.2,
but that would make support easier for us because we support the
packages we ship :)

As for Debian availability, again, we cannot talk for Debian. But that
will be available from Xfce site and sf.net, and if I'm not mistaken,
Os-cillation provides and supports its Xfce packages for Debian.
(Benny?)

Cheers,
Olivier.