XFFM Missing Icons in xfce-4.1.90-1 on WBEL

Paul Bucalo pmbuc at spymac.com
Sat Nov 6 20:03:42 CET 2004

I've had a problem with missing icons in XFFM. It has been a problem since
installation. I had problems when packaging RPM's from source before installing.
'/usr/share/icons/hicolor' didn't exist at the time I was compiling and and was
never installed there after. I did some copying from the 'default' icons
directory and tried to create the correct 'index.theme' file for that new
directory by using 'Rodent's'. The difference between the two is too obvious: I
am not seeing many that are there.

I have no idea how to create '/usr/share/icons/hicolor' from scratch, or to get
it to where it should be by reinstalling or adding to it. I tried this by
reinstalling the xfce RPM's I created by using --force, in the proper order. It
did help some, but not completely.

I see two choices open to me:

1) use 'rpm -e' to uninstall xfce and try again. Caveat: I had problems
finding/creating the 'hicolor' icon directory when creating the RPM's, so I feel
I would only reproduce the same outcome. I'm willing to accept that I messed up
in the order I created the RPM's, or that I should have installed as well as
create, not just created them.

2) Get someone with a similar setup to mine to tar their
'/usr/share/icons/hicolor' root and subdirectories and send it to me, or post it
for me to download and expand over mine.

Which would be the better choice? Everything is working fine and as anticipated,
otherwise. I really hate having to start over. I only have the problem of missing
icons in XFFM.

Anoyone wanting to provide me with their 'hicolor' directories, please contact me
directly. Any and all suggestions are very welcome. I am an intermediate-level
user of Linux, so please bear this in mind when replying.

Thanks, everyone...

Paul
---- Get Urchin 6 On Demand web analytics. Because you can't wait to be found.
http://www.urchin.com/?utm_campaign=U6OD&utm_medium=email&source=spymac.com&content=cantwait