Problem running GQview

purslow at sympatico.ca purslow at sympatico.ca
Thu Nov 4 14:02:11 CET 2004

041104 KUTYLA Peggy wrote:
> Le mercredi 03 novembre 2004 à 20:05 -0800, Bob Snyder a écrit :
>> running GQview when I have an image in 'Full Screen' mode,
>> & from the context menu select any option that opens a dialog window,
>> the dialog opens under the image. I have to exit full screen mode
>> to see the dialog.  An example: Open an image, switch to full screen mode,
>> right click on the image and select 'Properties'. The window opens
>> but is invisible. Deselect full screen mode and the dialog is visible.
>> I am running 4.0.5.
> i'm running xfce 4.0.6 and gqview 1.5.2.
> Under gqview fullscreen mode, trying to see properties made me exit
> automaticaly from fullscreen mode and display properties box.

another experience here on Gentoo + Xfce 4.1.90 + Gqview 1.5.3 :
no problem in general opening & using dialog boxes in full-screen mode,
except when i happened to move the mouse over the panel,
when the box disappeared till i returned to normal mode, when it reappeared.

1st, try upgrading to Gqview 1.5.3 , then try Xfce 4.2-beta (4.1.91).
it is possible to have 4.2 & 4.0 installed together (i have both),
but it takes a bit of manoeuvring & fixing scripts.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : purslow at chass.utoronto.ca