OO 1.1.3 won't load under xfce-4.2 beta

Paul Bucalo pmbuc at spymac.com
Wed Nov 3 20:37:14 CET 2004

On Wed Nov  3 12:29 , Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> sent:

>Paul Bucalo wrote:

>>>Try starting OO like this (from a terminal):
>>>
>>>env SESSION_MANAGER= soffice
>>

>> Oops...I overflowed with joy too soon. Once I exited OO and tried to start from
>> the panel, I got the same error dialog as before. Going back to the term prompt
>> and reinitiating the env variable, then starting up soffice worked. I guess the
>> env variable belongs in the startup script for OO, not 'startxfce4', and needs to
>> be initiated each time OO starts up. Hmm?
>
>In the panel launcher config, set Command to the following:
>
>env SESSION_MANAGER= soffice
>
>(copy exactly character by character)
>
>Then you should be able to run OOo from panel.
>
>> Paul

Got it! The time lag on my end seems to be so that you are getting replies to me
on the list before mine are showing up. Sorry about that.

I don't know why it didn't work for me the first time at the term prompt. I've
made the changes you suggested at the panel and it works, so I'm content with the
solution. I'll leave the session manager running, then.

Thanks again,

Paul
---- Get Urchin 6 On Demand web analytics. Because you can't wait to be found.
http://www.urchin.com/?utm_campaign=U6OD&utm_medium=email&source=spymac.com&content=cantwait