XFce Panel again

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Nov 3 17:59:17 CET 2004

Elisio Catana wrote:
> Hello again.
>
> I have update my version to xfce 4.2m and try use the howto in
> http://www.loculus.nl/xfce/documentation/docs-4.2/xfce4-panel.html#panel-files
>
> but i don't find the file xfce4/mcs_settings/panel.xml.

There is no default file for the mcs settings. The easiest thing to do
is to run Xfce once, change the global settings (size, orientation, etc)
to your liking and then copy the panel.xml file from
~/.config/xfce4/mcs_settings/ to ${sysconfdir}/xdg/xfce4/mcs-settings/.
You probably have to create that directory first.

> I just want delete this menu or modify it to 2 or 3 options? can anyone
> tellme how i can do this?

If you want to change the contents of the panel it is also much easier
to do it graphically and then cp the contents.xml file from
~/.config/xfce4/panel/ to ${sysconfdir}/xdg/xfce4/panel/.

	Jasper