Beta2 installer

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Nov 3 16:06:43 CET 2004

Martin Jenewein wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 15:37:20 +0100
>
> Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
>
>>Martin Jenewein wrote:
>>
>>>i want (must) use the graphical installer for Beta2. The installer misses the libxml2 libs. But i ve installed them all.
>>>
>>>--> Suse 9.1: installed libxml and libxml2, libxml2-devel. (2.6.x)
>>>

> --------------------------------------------------^
>

>>>How can i configure the installer or environment correctly to solve this problem?
>>
>>Install libxml2-devel (or however this is named in SuSE).
>>

> i ve installed this libraries (2.6.7-28). But the installer doesn__t find it. Is ther any enviroment setting for the installer to tell him the place of this libs?

Ups, sorry, I didn't read that you already installed libxml2-devel. The
environment variable in question is PKG_CONFIG_PATH. First you need to
figure where SuSE installed libxml2-devel. E.g. if its installed in
/opt/whatever, you have to perform the following command right before
actually launching the installer:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/whatever/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

> regards
>  martin

HTH,
Benedikt