Empty Xfce (4.1.90) Menu on panel

George Garvey tmwg-xfce at inxservices.com
Tue Nov 2 21:37:40 CET 2004

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 12:10:33PM -0800, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> well, first check the menu file that's listed in the menu plugin's
> settings.  if the file doesn't exist, there's your problem.  let me know
> what it turns out to be; it occurs to me that i may have set the default
> to be the user's custom menu, which won't be present in a new install.

   Nope, this is stupid user error. Sorry for bothering you with it.
But, thank you for the assistance.
   I copied my setup to hers, and thought I'd made all the necessary
adjustments, because I didn't want to make all the setup changes
twice.
   I didn't even notice that it had the menu path in the properties
window. Really stupid user error. I guess I'm too used to Gnome hiding
everything from me in wierd hardly documented places I can never find.
   Right in plain sight, in the properties window? You folks could
really learn something about design from Gnome.