xfce doesn't work when non-root

Stephane Ascoet cyberespacesaint-thonan at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 2 19:37:57 CET 2004

 >smoothly. But now when I login as non root the screen just blanks out
 >and nothing happens. After a particular start I got some message with
 >" waiting for x server to shut down" written.For root login nothing of
 >this sort happens and everything works just fine.

I'm not sure this is related to xfce. Perhaps it's related with X
server, Xauthority and all this un-comprehensive stuff. Look in the
logs, those of X and xfce. Does this happen with others windows managers
(if you have others ones ! ) ?

--
Bien cordialement, Stephane Ascoet, cyberespace Saint-Thonan