Xfprint

Rick King mooncat at nightprowler.net
Tue Nov 2 10:40:44 CET 2004

<SNIP>
> > I assume you are referring to the HP 1200 PSC.  Xfprint always chokes on
> > these.
> > I just make sure cups admin (http://localhost:631/admin) sees it and
> > print away.
> > If you can magically get xfprint to see a psc, then you have me beat.
> >
> xfprint 4.2beta2 supports CUPS and can magically see any CUPS printer ;)

After over an hour of cursing and swearing at the localhost cups server with no luck, I ripped the HPpsc1210 out of the Mandrake hardware interface by it's little roots, cursed and swore profusely some more and shoved it back in, forcing it to reorient itself with xfce since i had installed the printer previously before instaling xfce.  This caused it to show up in the cups interface and allowed me to print a test page.  Oh joy, I thought...my problems are solved.  Errrrr no.  I even ripped the printer out by its little roots in the printer management window and put it back in.  Xfprint is still dead.  Got any more ideas?