Xfprint

groundhog3000 groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 19:48:29 CET 2004

Well Rich,

>I used the exact name to the letter and that didn't work either.  Shrug.  I just don't have much luck, I guess.  I just spent four hours trying to get sound to work in WindowMaker with no success either.  Zero install is another lost cause.  I spent about 12 hours trying to get that to work.  Linux is really stable and has much nicer features than windoze, but it is a never ending battle to get things set up and working.  LOL

Try not to get xfce4 and linux confused.  The Redhat people seem to have
the same problem.
 > No matter what I do, I cannot get xfprint to work. Keeps telling me
it can't send to printer.
 > Cups is configured and I can print from applications just fine. It's an
 > HP1200 mounted on /dev/usb/lp0 I have tried to enter it in the xprint
configuration
 > by both its system name and by using /dev/usb/lp0 Does anyone have any
 > suggestions on how to make this work?

I assume you are referring to the HP 1200 PSC.  Xfprint always chokes on
these.
I just make sure cups admin (http://localhost:631/admin) sees it and
print away.
If you can magically get xfprint to see a psc, then you have me beat.